Thursday, December 22, 2011

No.6- My First Inept Dragon Fight Lands an Important Position

Whiterun Palace
Gerdy and I fast traveled back to Whiterun. I looked further into the Battleborn-Greymane feud and discovered that Fraila Gray-Mane's son Thorald was being held prisoner by the Battleborn. I persuaded Thorald's brother Avulstein to cool his heals while Gerdy and I went to fetch him, but when I looked on the map, sheesh! Northwatch Keep is just as far out in the boonies as Winterhold. I'll freeze my butt off after I've taken care of more important tasks. Now seemed like a good time to hand over the Dragonstone to Balgruuf The Greater. He and his Mage were grateful. Just about then a dragon attacked!

Mirmulnir The Now Dead Dragon
Gerdy and I followed a group out to the West Watch Tower. My lack of expertise fighting dragons showed, up to the top of the tower, then back down I ran multiple times, had my bow out, but I don't think I hit it once. The next moment it was dead and a big surprise, something happened to me. I absorbed the essence of the dragon's soul, and was told I was Dragonborn or had Dragon Breath, something like that! Now I could use a Dragon Shout based on the Dragon Word I learned back in Bleak Barrow Falls! Not only was my Force breath powerful, it also smelled a bit of garlic, just enough to set foes off balance.  I was advised to seek out the Greybeards, masters of The Voice, who live somewhere East of Whiterun. I wondered how would their breaths smell?

Lydia
Back at Dragonsreach (the palace in Whiterun), I guess mostly because of my Dragon Speak abilities (not my fighting ability), Balgruuf was impressed enough, and over the objections of his advisers promoted me to Thane. I mean, what did I do? But it was an honor and a thrill especially because to my surprise, I was awarded my very own Housecarl, the lovely Lydia. She looks better in real life than the picture, trust me. Having Lydia to snuggle up to by a camp fire in the wilderness was a big promotion. Sorry Gerd (my current companion), it was time to shove off. To her credit, she accepted the parting graciously.

I asked Lydia if she was ready? With a talent for ass kissing, she replied "Yes your greatness!" And out into the wilds of Skyrim we went! Now my path was clear- off to Fellglow Keep to find Orthorn and those stolen books, then to the East, South East to find the Greybeards and Part 2 of my destiny. Part 1 was  becoming the head-honcho Mage of Skyrim, and Part 3 was to do my part saving the Realm, although I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around who I should support. Whichever choice, hopefully it involves kicking some Thalmor buttocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment