Saturday, December 31, 2011

No.10- Hardly Worth Mentioning Passion & Some Drama In One Entry!



Passion only takes one so far especially after exhausting oneself dungeon crawling. Late the following morning, I untangled myself from Lydia and took a quick shower. I did not appreciate her version of pillow talk, "I am sworn to carry your burdens", hmm. I ran it through my mind several times: does she like me for me, my money, or my up and coming stature?? After all, she was assigned to me. Where does duty end and affection start? Am I just another notch on her Thane-serving belt? I'll think about that later. I have business to attend to.

Just Think Invigorating!

After hitting the Jorrvaskr breakfast buffet, we decided that I was carrying too much alchemy crap, so whipping out my magic book, we fast traveled to *The College of Winterhold and a blizzard. Oh, yeah, that's the norm around here. :-\  If you remember way back, I collected some stolen books out of Fellglow Keep, so first stop was the Arcanaeum, the College's Library and fussy attendant Urag gro-Shrub. This may have broken the ice with the old curmudgeon as he gave me some great skill-raising reading.

*My designated alchemy-crap storage location is the barrel in my room at the College.

This is where things got messy. Suddenly that Thalmor-asshole Arcano appeared and told me that Quaranir  a representative of the Psjic Order was in the College just to speak to me?! This jerk ordered me to follow him and as soon as we were done conversing, Quaranir would be ejected from college grounds. This guy Arcano is just an adviser? I'm having serious doubts about supporting the Imperials at this point, but I don't want the Thalmor making a play for Skyrim either. Damn!


Meeting with Quaranir

In the Arch Mage's quarters I came face to face with Quaranir and something very strange happened. He spoke to me in a telepathic manner, telling me it was all up to me to fetch the Staff of Magnus and to speak to The Augir of Dunlain (who lives down in a hole under the College). Reality shifted and Arcano was in my face asking what had just happened?? I said "beats me". He cursed and threatened me, but I played innocent. At this point I'm sensing that the Arch Mage is a pawn and not a total imbecile. When opportunities presented themselves (Arcano not present) he gave me encouragement.

Something told me that Arcano is going to end up on the receiving end of a boot in the arse and wondering if I am the one to give it to him? However in a duel that day, I could of been the one with a boot in my arse...
Mysterious Hand in Mysterious Midden

Enough with imagining boots inserted in dark spaces. After a quick go at the Enchanting and Alchemy stations, I stored my stuff and decided it was time to take the tour of the North. There were many quests beconing me including saving Thorald Grey-Mane. I'm not the most organized person and looking down through my long list, I have a quest to check out the Shrine of Azura, I think I got from the Frozen Hearth Inn in Winterhold. The Shrine was relatively close by, although on top of another frick'n mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment