Sunday, December 18, 2011

No.1- Skyrim The Begining


I arrived in Skyrim as a High Elf, named Lilgalad, minding her own business (I'm a guy btw, this is called fantasy roll playing) who is suddenly rounded up by Imperials and accused of being a Stormcloak sympathizer, and taken to the town of Helgen to be executed! Huh? What is really annoying is although they realize I am not on their list of rebels, the Imperial Captain still says, "tough shit, off with her head"! Well war and rebellion brings out the worst in people doesn't it? Anyone who has played may know the story of the Stormcloak rebellion, fighting the Empire for independence, along with the Thalmor, Elvin supremacists who are in Skyrim to exert their influence and could be behind the scenes stirring the pot. Honestly my knee jerk reaction after they tried to kill me was to hell with the Empire! But maybe I should not be so hasty. Should I blame the entire Empire for one bad apple?

Fortunately my execution was disrupted by a dragon attack on the town. As survivors scattered, I followed Hadvar, a decent sort although an Imperial soldier as we escaped the town and made our way down to Riverwood where I met his Uncle and Aunt, Alvor and Sigrid. They are decent sorts too. Maybe I can bring myself to forgive the Empire for trying to execute me.

Lilgalad- Before Makeup
While in Riverwood, I met Lucan Valerius, owner of the Riverwood Traders who told me he was robbed of a Golden Claw and wanted to know if I would venture forth to Bleak Falls Barrow (although technically I was not on that quest yet) and retrieve the item for him. "Sure thing!" I volunteered.


As I headed up the mountain, fought several bandits and reflected that there sure is a lot of snow in Skyrim. Entering my first dungeon I was impressed by how pretty caves look in Skyrim as compared to Oblvion. I ran the cave and cleared it out, retrieving the Claw for Mr. Valerius, and found my first Word Wall, learning the first word (Fus= Force) of a Dragon Shout. Now, what's a Dragon Shout?? Little did I know that the main quest would be sending me back to this location in the near future...
(to be continued)

Disclaimer: For this post I've used images culled from the net. Eventually I'll put my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment