Friday, December 30, 2011

No.9- Werewolf? There Wolf!

Jorrvaskr
The Companions is the substitute Fighter's Guild in Skyrim although I don't think there is an Arena. Their headquarters is called Jorrvaskr, located in Whiterun. So how do they compete? In any case, they don't seem to have a leader. This could be an opportunity for a new member, namely me.

Dustman's Cairn
After spending the night at Jorrvaskr, a prominent member of the Circle (high level members of the Guild) named Farkas had something on his mind. That something was Wuuthrad the mythical battle axe belonging to Ysgramor, the founder of the Companions. They desire to reforge Wuuthrad, but there is a fragment missing and it's located in Dustman's Cairn. Before I could become a full fledged member of the Companions, my trial was to retrieve it. To witness my skills and dedication, Farkas butted-in taking Lydia's place for this quest.

True to its name Dustman's Cairn was a pile of rocks with the added bonus of a hole in the middle. Meeting him there, we descended the circular steps and through a doorway. Before I could spit, I noticed we were not alone. Pretty soon, (hey, sneaking only takes you so far) we were discovered and attacked by a group of Silver Hands, famed Skyrim Werewolf hunters who are not friendly to the uninvited. There was this nifty lever on the wall and... doh, I got myself locked in a cell with bars when a bunch of them leaped upon us! Well, they mostly leaped on Farkas. My chagrin turned to shock when Farkas transformed into the Silver Hands favorite prey, a werewolf, except this time the prey became the predator!

Dustman's Cairn Combat

Werewolf (over there see?)


I just stood there with my mouth hanging open. Afterwards, with Silver Hands strewn about helter skelter, he looked me in the eye and asked, "Did I scare you?". "Absolutely not...", I gulped. With a subtle grin, Farkas explained that members of the Circle are endowed with wolf's blood or a blessing of some kind. I don't know, it was hard to focus as he explained and I waited for fur to sprout on his rippling muscles. "Quite a blessing", I remarked, but I thought it's a questionable blessing.

Moving ahead to the final chamber lined with upright tombs, we found the fragment and were immediately attacked by draugrs who left and right, started popping out. It was a great opportunity to raise my combat skills! I was thankful Farkas did not get furry on me and hog all the action. Back at Jorrvaskr, the Companions got into a circle, made a speech, welcomed me to their special organization, then told me to make myself useful!


Companion Guild Welcome!
Now that Farkas was back home in Jorrvaskr, he had other things on his mind, so I ran up to the Whiterun big house to fetch and embrace my lovely Lydia. "I missed you" she said in that slightly too official voice of hers. I left so much loot laying around in Dustman's Cairn, I decided a second sweep was needed. However, I ended up carrying so much, we went back to Whiterun so I could dump my collected ores. I'm using a chest in the Companions Guild for this. I carry a pick with me and augment my salary with ore collecting/ingot making. Being the magic oriented person that I am, I've not decided if black smithing is a worth while endeavor. After unloading loot, I climbed into bed for some well needed rest, but alas that was not to be when Lydia climbed in beside me...

No comments:

Post a Comment