Saturday, December 31, 2011

No.11- The Mount Anthur Dragon (Dragon 2)



Mt. Anthor- Dragon Over There (click image)
Happy New Year! One thing about Skyrim Maps, mostly they leave you guessing about the best way to cross the mountains, good for adventure, bad if you are in a hurry. Fortunately I'm usually in a sight-seeing mode. (Besides the map that comes with the Skyrim package, Elderscrolls Wiki has an excellent interactive map.) In our general trek West, we decided to detour South to check out The Shrine of Azura, but got a bit lost and ended up at Mount Anthor a peak to the South West of Azura and the home of another kind of shrine, guarded by a dragon.


Winterhold to Azura

When we got close, I noticed a dragon circling over head and before long it asserted its territorial nature by attacking! I spawned my trusty Fire Atronach who lobbed fireballs, while Lydia gave me special feelings by standing out in the open, daring the dragon to eat her. Using a more conservative strategy, I shot arrows while hiding behind a big rock.


Dead Dragon No.2
Toasted

Finally the dragon crashed down dead and I got that good dragon-soul rush. Inexplicably, a side effect made me really appreciate Lydia's shapely figure and how she could make rugged armor move.

Offering Table Plus

Sweeping an old smelly skeleton off a nearby offering table, I unrolled my bedding and well, Lydia and I set off our own fireworks! That's my excuse for not exploring this area thoroughly.  Normally I do, but that day, I lost some focus in that joy-of-living afterglow.

Afterwards, I managed to remember The Shrine of Azara, a Daedric Shrine. Eventually we found it and met Priestess Aranea Lenith. She said she saw me in dream/vision or something along those lines and suggested I go look for a Daedric Artifact. It seems like where ever I go as a Dragonborn, people rely on me. Despite the wind whipped cold, we stopped for lunch to enjoy this mountaintop view.


Shrine of Azura

My adoring companion (in the background)


Departing Azura we headed South, but half way down the mountain, while reading my Vacationer's Guide to Skyrim, there was mention of a Word Wall at Mt. Anthur! DARN, that's what those steps were for! We had to head back up, the price for not staying focused on mission. I should stop mixing pleasure with business, but it's so fun. ;)

Dragon Fighting Research Note: The last dragon breathed frost. I need to check if Fire Atronach's can fight effectively against a fire breathing dragon? Next time at the College I should check to see if a Storm Atronach spell is learnable. Frost Atronach's have no ranged attack. Storm A's shoot lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment