Monday, December 19, 2011

No.2- North To Whiterun


After the destruction of Helgen and upon the urging of Alvor, prominent citizen of Riverwood, I headed North to Whiterun to meet with the Jarl and request dragon protection for Riverwood.

The Bannered Mare
First I stopped in the local pub, the Bannered Mare for a brew where I had the pleasure of pummeling a persistent suitor who had been bothering a good lady street merchant with a booth near by. I mean, I did not want to pummel him, but he did not take kindly to my verbal "butt out" so he got a whoop'n. I turned around only to bump into a boisterous warrior woman named Uthgerd the Unbroken. She had a chip on her shoulder and was eager to fight. What the heck, I challenged Gerdy to a wagered fight and then proceeded to beat the snot out of her too. Not only did I win 100 gold, but afterwards she was eager to go questing with me.

While in Whiterun I could not help but overhear the rumblings of the Battleborn-Greymain feud. I took some initial steps to sort that out, but decided to deal with it later. After meeting the Jar, his resident Mage sent me back to Bleak Falls Barrow to retrieve a Dragon Stone, an artifact which shows the locations of all Dragon Mounds. The problem is that dragons are popping out of Dragon Mounds and terrorizing the countryside so this would be a great artifact to grab.

However before I got any more involved in the main story, and before I handed over the Dragon Stone, I decided to focus on my  Mage skills and with Gerdy in tow, headed out the gate and North, way way North over the mountains, into the Tundra and the College of Winterhold.

No comments:

Post a Comment